Easter Art Show: April 18 – April 20 2019
The 2019 Easter Art Show will be held in the Callan Centre at St Patrick’s College, Shorncliffe.
With help from our friends at Shorncliffe Potters the Easter Art Show runs from Good Friday to Easter Saturday with opening night on the Thursday evening.
- Thursday April 18
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm (opening night)
- Friday April 19
9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Saturday April 20
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Open 2D
- Open 3D
- Open Photo/Digital
- Emerging Youth Artists (under 16 years old)
We welcome all works to be for sale; of exhibition quality; and not previously awarded.
Conditions of Entry
PLEASE NOTE: ITEMS NOT MEETING THESE CRITERIA WILL BE REJECTED
- Items must be labelled with Artist’s Name, Title of Work and Price
- 2 D size limitation is 150 cm in any direction* (*see below)
- 2 D works must be ready to hang with D rings and wire/string attached
- All works must be dry – no wet paint or glaze
- 3 D works must be able to be carried manually (20 kg max.) and assembled by one person
- All works entered must be offered for sale
- A 25% commission on sales (in open categories only) will be retained by SasArt to cover costs.
- No responsibility for breakages will be accepted by SasArt.
- Works will be set up by the exhibition committee only
- The Judges’ decision is final and no discussion will be entered into
- Judges are not to be approached by exhibitors whilst judging is taking place
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st and 2nd place in each category. Recognition will be given to other works depending on sponsorship
- Delivery of work to be Wednesday 17 April STRICTLY from 4:30pm – 6:30pm direct to St Patrick’s College, Callan Centre, 30 Pier Avenue (cnr. Pier Ave), Shorncliffe
- Pickup of unsold work will be Saturday 20 April STRICTLY from 4.00pm – 5:30pm from the Callan Centre – any work not collected during this time will incur a $20 per item retrieval fee
Applications including fees must be received by Tuesday April 9
Entry forms will not be accepted after this deadline!!!
- $15 ea per items for 2D Open Categories
Up to 3 items if ≤ 120 cm in any direction.
Up to 2 items if > 120cm ≤ 150 cm in any direction.
- $10 ea for 3D and Photographs
3 item limit
- $5 per item for Emerging Youth Artists
3 item limit
NB: A matching set of up to 3 paintings in a single frame (triptych) within the 210cm limit total or a matching set of 3 ceramic objects (eg cups) (not for sale individually) will be regarded as a single item.
Awards and Prizes
|Open 2D – 1st Place||Stirling Hinchliffe||$1100|
|Open 2D – 2nd Place||Sandgate Art Society||$500|
|Open 2D – Highly Commended||TBA||$100 + |
|Open 3D – 1st Place||$250|
|Open 3D – 2nd Place||TBA||$100 +|
|Open 3D – Highly Commended||TBA||$50 voucher|
|Open Photo/digital – 1st Place||Helloworld||$100|
|Open Photo/Digital – 2nd Place||Gift voucher|
|Best Bayside Theme||Cr Jared Cassidy||$220|
|High School||TBA||$100 voucher|
The above is a guide only and the committee and judges reserve the right to make adjustments prior to presentation.
Thank you to our generous sponsors
Direct Debit Account Details:
Account Number: 11568 0958
Account Name: Sandgate Art Society
Remember to include your surname and EASTER in the description field.