Easter Art Show: April 1st to 3rd 2021
Thanks to the support of Stirling Hinchcliffe MP (Member for Sandgate) and our other local sponsors, the Easter Art Show will be held in the Callan Centre at St Patrick’s College, Shorncliffe.
With help from our friends at Shorncliffe Potters Inc the Easter Art Show runs from Good Friday to Easter Saturday with opening night on the Thursday evening.
We welcome all works which are available for sale, of exhibition quality and not previously awarded.
- Thursday April 1
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm (opening night)
- Friday April 2
9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Saturday April 3
9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Open 2D
- Open 3D
- Open Photo/Digital
Conditions of Entry
Please note: items not meeting the following criteria will be rejected.
- A clear digital photo of each piece entered must be emailed to email@example.com – suitable for display on website. ( * Should COVID-19 restrict physical exhibition – we will convert to a ‘virtual’ exhibition.)
- Items must be labelled with Artist’s Name, Mobile Number, Title of Work and Price
- 2 D size limitation is 150 cm in any direction* (*see below)
- 2 D works must be ready to hang with D rings and wire/string attached
- All works must be dry – no wet paint or glaze
- 3 D works must be able to be carried manually (20 kg max.) and assembled by one person
- All works entered must be offered for sale
- A 25% commission on sales (in open categories only) will be retained by SasArt to cover costs.
- No responsibility for breakages will be accepted by SasArt.
- Works will be set up by the exhibition committee only
- The Judges’ decision is final and no discussion will be entered into
- Judges are not to be approached by exhibitors whilst judging is taking place
- Prizes and / or ribbons will be awarded for 1st and 2nd place in each category. Recognition will be given to other works depending on sponsorship
- Delivery of work to be Wednesday March 31 STRICTLY from 4:30pm – 6:30pm direct to St Patrick’s College, Callan Centre, 30 Pier Avenue (cnr. Pier Ave), Shorncliffe
- Pickup of unsold work will be Saturday April 3 STRICTLY from 12.00noon – 2:00pm from the Callan Centre – any work not collected during this time will incur a $20 per item retrieval fee
Applications including fees must be received by Friday March 26
Entry forms will not be accepted after this deadline!!!
$30 ea per item
For 2D and Photo/Digital please note:
Up to 3 items if each item is ≤ 120 cm in any direction.
Up to 2 items if each item is > 120cm and ≤ 150 cm in any direction.
NB: A matching set of up to 3 paintings in a single frame (triptych) within the 120cm limit total or a matching set of 3 ceramic objects (eg cups) (not for sale individually) will be regarded as a single item.
Awards and Prizes
|Best in Show*||$1,000 and a ribbon|
|Open 2D – 1st Place||$500 and a ribbon|
|Open 2D – 2nd Place||$250 and a ribbon|
|Open 2D – Highly Commended||Ribbon|
|Open 3D – 1st Place||$500 and a ribbon|
|Open 3D – 2nd Place||$250 and a ribbon|
|Open 3D – Highly Commended||Ribbon|
|Open Photo/digital – 1st Place||$500 and a ribbon|
|Open Photo/Digital – 2nd Place||$250 and a ribbon|
|Open Photo/Digital – Highly Commended||Ribbon|
* Best in Show cannot win any other prize in their category
Thank you to our generous sponsors. Their support for the Arts is much appreciated.
The above is a guide only and the committee and judges reserve the right to make adjustments prior to presentation.
Direct Debit Account Details:
Account Number: 11568 0958
Account Name: Sandgate Art Society
Remember to include your surname and EASTER in the description field.